Friends and Supporters,
We have an urgent matter that needs your support. Currently, the state legislature is reviewing the medical marijuana bill as it goes through the different committees. I need your help to make sure we let these committee members know how important it is to include minority business enterprises into the free market. Please see the email message and subject line options you can include in your email. Email and/or call each committee member in separate emails at various times of the day. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
1. Please Don't Lock Us Out
2. Diverse Business Wants To Participate in MMJ Program
3. We are the 71% Who Voted Yes on Amendment 2
1. Senator,I believe the current Medical Marijuana Bill for consideration is lacking inclusion as it relates to free business enterprise. The current medical marijuana business system supports multi million dollar corporations and does not adjust to allow small businesses to participate in this industry. The state of Florida has a robust Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) program supporting the use of diverse (women, veterans, minorities, and disabled)business entities for procurement, contracting, and vendor services. We are the 71% who voted yes on Amendment 2. Please don't lock us out!
2. Senator,Respectfully, I ask for you to consider any amendment that addresses and supports the use of diverse business groups/entities....i.e. Women, Veterans, Minorities, Disabled owned businesses for procurement of commodities, contracting of services, employment, and etc as it relates to the implementation of Amendment 2 (Medical Marijuana Bill). We are the 71% who voted yes on 2 this past November. Please don't lock us out.
3. Senator, I'm a FLORIDA business owner who wishes to deliver a service to current and future license holders for the new medical marijuana program. I respectfully, ask for you to consider and support an amendment which addresses the use of diverse business entities... i.e. Women,Veteran, Disabled, and Minority owned businesses who are interested in procurement, contracting, and vendor service opportunities. We are the 71% who voted yes on Amendment 2. Big corporate foreign businesses are trying to take over the marketplace. You must prevent this. Please don't lock us out.
Appropriation Committee Members:
Senator Jack Latvala- Clearwater- 850-487-5016- email@example.com
Senator Anitere Flores- Miami- firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Randolph Bracy-Ocoeeemail@example.com
Senator Bob Bradley-Orange Parkfirstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Lizbeth Benacquisto-Ft Myersemail@example.com
Senator Jeff Brandes- St Petersburgfirstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Bobby Powell-West Palm Beach-850-487-5030- email@example.com
Senator George Gainer-Panama Cityfirstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Bill Galvano- Bradentonemail@example.com
Senator Oscar Braynon II-Miami Gardenfirstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Audrey Gibson-Jacksonvilleemail@example.com
Senator Lauren Book-Plantationfirstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Bill Montford-Tallahasseeemail@example.com
Senator Aaron Bean-Jacksonvillefirstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Denise Grimsleyemail@example.com
Senator Kelli Stargel- Lakelandfirstname.lastname@example.org
Senator David Simmons-Longwoodemail@example.com
Senator Wilton Simpson-Springhillfirstname.lastname@example.org