Friends and Supporters,
We have an urgent matter that needs your support. Currently, the state legislature is reviewing the medical marijuana bill as it goes through the different committees. I need your help to make sure we let these committee members know how important it is to include minority business enterprises into the free market. Please see the email message and subject line options you can include in your email. Email and/or call each committee member in separate emails at various times of the day. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
1. Please Don't Lock Us Out
2. Diverse Business Wants To Participate in MMJ Program
3. We are the 71% Who Voted Yes on Amendment 2
1. Senator,I believe the current Medical Marijuana Bill for consideration is lacking inclusion as it relates to free business enterprise. The current medical marijuana business system supports multi million dollar corporations and does not adjust to allow small businesses to participate in this industry. The state of Florida has a robust Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) program supporting the use of diverse (women, veterans, minorities, and disabled)business entities for procurement, contracting, and vendor services. We are the 71% who voted yes on Amendment 2. Please don't lock us out!
2. Senator,Respectfully, I ask for you to consider any amendment that addresses and supports the use of diverse business groups/entities....i.e. Women, Veterans, Minorities, Disabled owned businesses for procurement of commodities, contracting of services, employment, and etc as it relates to the implementation of Amendment 2 (Medical Marijuana Bill). We are the 71% who voted yes on 2 this past November. Please don't lock us out.
3. Senator, I'm a FLORIDA business owner who wishes to deliver a service to current and future license holders for the new medical marijuana program. I respectfully, ask for you to consider and support an amendment which addresses the use of diverse business entities... i.e. Women,Veteran, Disabled, and Minority owned businesses who are interested in procurement, contracting, and vendor service opportunities. We are the 71% who voted yes on Amendment 2. Big corporate foreign businesses are trying to take over the marketplace. You must prevent this. Please don't lock us out.
Appropriation Committee Members:
Senator Jack Latvala- Clearwater- 850-487-5016- firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Anitere Flores- Miami- email@example.com
Senator Randolph Bracy-Ocoeefirstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Bob Bradley-Orange Parkemail@example.com
Senator Lizbeth Benacquisto-Ft Myersfirstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Jeff Brandes- St Petersburgemail@example.com
Senator Bobby Powell-West Palm Beach-850-487-5030- firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator George Gainer-Panama Cityemail@example.com
Senator Bill Galvano- Bradentonfirstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Oscar Braynon II-Miami Gardenemail@example.com
Senator Audrey Gibson-Jacksonvillefirstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Lauren Book-Plantationemail@example.com
Senator Bill Montford-Tallahasseefirstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Aaron Bean-Jacksonvilleemail@example.com
Senator Denise Grimsleyfirstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Kelli Stargel- Lakelandemail@example.com
Senator David Simmons-Longwoodfirstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Wilton Simpson-Springhillemail@example.com